Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Thought For Thursday

Where do you find your Christmas spirit?

I've heard so many people this year - from family, friends, and on-line friends - say they're just not in the Christmas spirit. So my thought for this Thursday is "Where do you find the Christmas spirit?"

Bug came home from school earlier this week and asked me, "Mom, does Baby Jesus get two presents on Christmas?" I guess I looked at him kind of funny. He said, "You know, two presents - one for His birthday, and one for Christmas." DUH. Ding, ding, ding, We have a winner!

I know for me when I don't feel like I'm in the Christmas spirit I turn off all the specials on TV, stop wrapping presents, and just sit and listen to some traditional Christmas music - Hark the Herald Angels, Away In A Manager, What Child is This, Silent Night. For me remembering that Christmas is really about the birth of Jesus, our Savior, helps me stay in / get back into the Christmas spirit. It's not about the presents under the tree, the decorations around the house, the cookies/pies/meals you've made, but the birth of one special Child.

No comments: