Friday, February 1, 2008

Change of thought

I started writing about how disturbing the news has been lately. But I decided I needed to think happy thoughts and try to fill my life and my family's with positive influences. Don't get me wrong - I'm not going to bury my head in the sand. But I don't want to be overwhelmed with fear and worry all the time. With all these home invasions - during the day even - I worry becuase I'm home with my kids during the day. I will be vigilant but I won't be fearful. I want my kids to feel safe and protected but not trapped. So on with happy thoughts. . .


Nothing compares to watching my children grow and develop. Even Bug, who's almost six years old, never ceases to amaze me. Just when I thought he couldn't be more self-absorbed, Saturday morning he put all the perishable groceries away for me - without me asking - while I was nursing Budha (Itty Bitty's new name because she's no longer itty bitty). I was truly amazed at his maturity for realizing that some of the groceries needed to be put away quickly and taking it upon himself to do it for me. I thanked him, gave him some tokens (our reward system), and asked him "why?" He told me "because you have a lot to do Mom, and you were feeding the baby." I made a point all weekend of telling him how much I appreciated that he did that for me.

Last night I was at a meeting, and had to bring Budha with me just because scheduling, she was a wonderful baby though and didn't fuss much or interrupt the meeting - only at one point when she sneezed, the pacifier flew out of her mouth and she started laughing at herself. Everyone around the conference table stopped and started laughing along with her. It was the first time she's laughed at herself. She just started laughing at me within the last week.

So those are my two happy thoughts for the day. To remind me how beautiful life really is even though some of society is really disturbing and warped.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hey Donna!! Oh my goodness!! Time flys by you doesn't it. When you had your baby the next day my sister had hers. I think? Anyways I have thought of a totally awesome name for her. Tatter...tatter would be perfect because she's as big as a sack of tatters...lol what a sweet little ham...I wanna eat her up!!