Saturday, June 28, 2008

Counting My Blessings

This morning I couldn't sleep - I was up roaming around the house at 2 a.m. It's been happening more often than not lately. I don't know what triggers it or why it's always at the same time - usually between 2 - 3 a.m. I just wake up. I get uncomfortable and/or get pushed out of bed (for a little thing Budha's becoming a bed hog). Sometimes it just because my mind is racing. There so much going on - so many worries. Money. The Husband's business. My Baby Bro (ok so he's not a baby; he's 31 - he'll always be my little brother.) My own kids. All the other craziness in the world. I've stopped watching the news before I go to sleep hoping that would help. It doesn't. I just sometimes feel like the bottom is falling out. I know a lot of it stems from worry about money and the economy. With me not working a traditional job - yes I'm busy and my freelance work does bring in some money, but it really doesn't compare to having a traditional, steady pay check, I really worry that if the economy gets any worse and The Husband's business gets any slower things will really start to get bad.

Anyway after an hour of roaming around, catching up on my blog reading, checking in on some forums, I was able to fall back asleep. Only to wake up again at 6:00 a.m. to prepare for a tag sale today. As I crawled out of bed, I noticed Bug had crawled into bed with us around 5:00. So there they all lay - The Husband, Bug and Budha - my Blessings. They were all laying the same way. I just stood there and stared at them. One, two, three. My Blessings. And I realized, as long as I have them nothing else really matters. I needed that little pick me up.

No comments: