Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Little Perspective

My modem burned up. It burned up on Saturday night during an electrical storm so I couldn't get it replaced until yesterday - late afternoon. Although I went through e-mail/internet withdrawal, it was well worth. I used the forced down time to reconnect with my kids and whittle away at some tasks on my to do list. It was kind of nice to not be a "slave" to the computer and get some things done that I've been meaning to do. And now that it's fixed, I've decided to re-evaluate my work schedule and focus on my family more. Afterall - that's the real reason why I wanted to be a WAHM! Nothing like Mother Nature forcing me to evaluate what's really important to me and give me a little perspective on things.

1 comment:

Tishia said...

Donna I know what you mean about the forced downtime! It's been storming here since Thursday night or Friday and I've had very limited internet connection. Although I got behind on projects due to it, I still have actually enjoyed the downtime! It's been nice hanging out reading or taking naps :-)