Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Giving Thanks Challenge

It's November 1st. The summer like weather is definitely over. Time to start thinking about the holidays. I love this time of year. Family, friends, food, laughter - good times; good memories. I've even started seeing Christmas ads on tv; and I thought my son was going to bust with excitment when the Toys 'R Us toy book came in the newspaper last weekend. But before Christmas, comes Thanksgiving. I think it some times gets overlooked. In an effort on my part to not overlook it, I'm going to challenge myself to remember each day something that I am thankful for.


I don't subscribe to many magazines - two to be exact. Both of them this month had articles regarding "giving thanks". So I figure if I can give thanks for something every day this month, then maybe if I'm having a rough day it will make it a little easier; a rant will turn into something truly positive; a frown turned upside down - that type of thing.


So since today is November 1st - All Saints Day in the Roman Catholic church. A day when we remember the deceased. I am thankful for my grandparents. Though most of them have past now, I have wonderful memories from my childhood of spending time and vacations with them. And I know that they are in heaven watching over me and my family now.

No comments: