Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"Out of difficulties grow miracles."

When I switched my calendar over for the new month yesterday morning, I saw that quote for April. It reminds me of one of my favorite movie quotes – “That which does not kill us, makes us stronger” – from Steel Magnolias. That’s how I try to live my life. I try to take each experience – good or bad – and learn something from it. We all have had some adversity in our lives; some more than others, but we’ve all had bad experiences, rough times whether medical, financial, emotional. Sometimes we have no control over those things. What we do have control over is what we choose to take from that experience. Do you wallow in self-pity? Or do you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back to life? I know it sounds a little cliché, but it is true. You have to choose how to live your life. You have to choose how to deal with problems. You have to choose what’s really important to you and whether you want to fight for it or not. No one else can do that for you.

No comments: