Friday, April 11, 2008

So Frustrating

Budha only goes to daycare 1 day a week - 6 hours to be exact. That's all. I work at a client's office that one day and she makes the commute with me. Part of me is glad that she's there beginning to socialize with other babies, and learning to adapt to her surroundings. But a bigger part of me is so frustrated because she's been getting sick since starting in late January. She's had the stomach flu - that took about two weeks to get over. Now she has an ear infection. She went all winter without getting sick - little sniffles here and there - but nothing major, no fevers. Even with Bug in school, he didn't bring anything home over the winter. What's even more frustrating is that I feel like I'm paying daycare for her to get sick, and I have to pay if she misses because she's sick. So let me get this straight, I'm bringing her to a daycare center and paying them; she picks something up there and gets sick, misses a day because she's sick and I still have to pay. What's wrong with this system?! Between having to pay the cost for daycare that's not being used and then the doctor visit and medicine, it's not really cost effective for me to work for this client.

No comments: