Saturday, November 3, 2007

Day Three of Giving Thanks

I'm thankful for my husband. Although I may complain sometimes, and I may not always show him, I do love him and I'm thankful that he is part of my life. It's because of him that I'm able to be a WAHM. He has an extreme work ethic and provides very well for us. If it wasn't for his hard work with his business, I wouldn't be able to be home with my children. I've known Adrian for almost 12 years; we've been married for 9 years. Neither one of us is perfect (though we think we are sometimes) and we butt heads quite often, but if/when push comes to shove we would move heaven and earth for each other. The only time I've seen him somewhat speechless and even near tears was during the births of our children, and even more so with our daugther who was 6 weeks early and needed to be in the NICU for a week after her birth. Both deliveries were c-sections, and both times he was there with me stroking my hair and keeping me calm during the surgery. Both times he went with the nurses and counted all the fingers and toes. And then both times he showed up in my recovery room with food for himself, even though I needed to wait to eat solid food. As much as he does things that can irritate me, I know I do just as many to irritate him. I don't like to think of my life without him in it, and I hope I won't have to for a very, very long time.

No comments: