Monday, November 5, 2007

On the 5th Day of Giving Thanks

Today I want to say "thanks" to a particular worker at the post office in my town. I didn't plan things very well, and walked into the post office Saturday with 5 packages to mail, with my newborn and 5 year old in tow. My 5 year old was being his usual 5 year old self, and my newborn was wailing at the top of her lungs. I'm trying to juggle holding onto the baby in the car seat, wrangle my 5 year old from taking all the packaging materials off the display shelves, and hold onto the items that I have to mail out. We finally made it to the front of the line and all I did was put everything on the counter, even the items that weren't yet in a box, with the labels, and before I could say, "Luke, put the Mickey Mouse mailing box away" for the twelve time, the worker had everything packaged for me, labeled, and postage printing away. So "thank you" to "Joe" and the other postal workers who don't run and hide when they see me coming in with my son, baby and miscellaneous stuff in tow, but then breath of sigh of relief (I know they do) when we leave.

No comments: